Teaching for Workforce Solutions
Workforce Solutions is continuously seeking highly-qualified instructors to teach our classes in a variety of fields. While teaching experience is helpful, it is not required; however, professional experience and appropriate certification are critical. Our students expect to learn from seasoned professionals who can share their knowledge and relevant experience in the field. Students can be a mixture of novices, partially trained, or experienced technicians seeking a credential. Teaching positions are primarily in-person, but occasionally instruction may be hybrid, if necessary. Classes may be offered during the weekday, weekday evenings or weekends depending on the need. These positions are part-time and contracted on a course-by-course basis as needed. Our programs focus on credentials and skill enhancement rather than degree attainment. Classes may be offered at our Middletown or Fauquier Campuses, our Luray-Page County Center or an off-site location. Please see our website laurelridgeworkforce.com for additional information about Workforce Solutions and these programs.
- Teach as little as one evening a week
- On average, earn up to $3,500 on select programs
- Actual compensation based on a variety of factors including subject area, length of class and professional experience.
- Opportunity to become a national certified instructor
- Teach in updated state-of-art labs, using equipment and tools for hands-on learning with our students
- All class materials, lessons, tolls, and supplies are provided for our instructors
- Receive the full support of our dedicated staff and lab tech assistant to make you and your students successful
- No previous teaching experience required – if you have the heart
This is an open/standing position advertisement and not for a specific position. Completing an application will make you available for open positions based on your experience, the information you provide in your application, and relevant positions available. You are strongly encouraged to include a cover letter indicating your area of teaching interest/knowledge and provide a resume of your experience if you have one. Please complete the state application and provide all pertinent professional information about yourself. We regularly review applicants and if your qualifications match an open position, we will contact you.
If you have questions and wish to learn more about any available positions, please call our office at (540) 868-7021 or email us at Workforce@LaurelRidge.edu.
Below are links to positions in each of the major subject areas. Additional information about typical classes are displayed in the ad. Click on the link to be taken to the position advertisement and/or to apply:
If you would like to propose a class to be taught, please click on the link below, complete the form and submit to us.